Family House is currently accepting resumes for the following positions:
- Overnight Manager
POSITION: Overnight Manager
Supports Family House mission and goals by effectively managing operations of an assigned residence during evening or weekend overnight hours. Oversees creation of a welcoming environment conducive to guest interaction and mutual support.
- Oversees the physical facility and surrounding property. In a timely manner evaluates maintenance issues and communicates with on-call manager about them. Keeps accurate record of loaned items, such as cots, refrigerators, etc.
- Ensures a high level of cleanliness of the facility.
- Must be knowledgeable of mechanical systems and emergency procedures. Responds effectively and compassionately to any emergency situations which may occur.
- Maintains accurate financial records for House including but not limited to guest registration, payment, and Family Assistance
- Prepares a brief report of overnight activities in report notebook. Documents unusual guest behavior in the Incident Report notebook after consulting with on-call Manager.
- Substitutes for other managers when the situation requires, including at least one major holiday per year. Will make reasonable accommodations to ensure coverage during emergency situations. Must be cross trained at all houses.
- Required to work some holidays
- Maintains positive public relations with neighbors and community. Represents Family House in an informative and appreciative manner to donors and community groups.
- Proficiently manages room request system in conjunction with Manager and Housing Office. Assures seamless flow of housing process from check-out to check-in, including cleaning procedures and room preparation by volunteers.
- Maintains guest confidentiality and ensures its adherence by staff and volunteers. Actively and supportively listens to guest concerns.
- Educates families regarding Family House policies and procedures; proactively manages the House to ensure policies are followed and to anticipate potential guest problems.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED-
- Ability to relate to people in periods of stress in an open and compassionate manner.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with people of varying backgrounds including coworkers, and healthcare professionals.
- Ability to enforce policies and procedures while understanding some situations require a compassionate and flexible response.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; attention to detailed record keeping required.
- Able to perceive and solve problems before they become crises.
- Basic computer skills (i.e., email, Word).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions associated with this position. Family House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.